Grief


Symptoms

One way to describe grief is in five stages. These reactions might not
occur in a particular order, and can (at times) occur together. Not everyone
experiences all of these emotions:

1. Denial, disbelief, numbness

2. Anger, blaming others (God)

3. Bargaining (for instance
"If I am cured of this cancer, I will never smoke again.")

4. Depressed mood, sadness, and crying

5. Acceptance, coming to terms

Monday, November 19, 2012

Honor


I gently lay my little poem
In the treasure chest
Which holds my greatest treasure
My son places his memento in
My grandson follows suit 

All the men in her inner
Circle of love
Have honored her
Paying homage
Each in his own way 

But greater than these
Small mementos
Is the honor she
Instilled in them
Each in her own way 

She can be proud
That all of her men
Are men of honor
Each proud to be a part of her 

Each calling her
By a different name
Wife
Mother
Grandmother

Each calling her Love

No comments:

Post a Comment