Grief


Symptoms

One way to describe grief is in five stages. These reactions might not
occur in a particular order, and can (at times) occur together. Not everyone
experiences all of these emotions:

1. Denial, disbelief, numbness

2. Anger, blaming others (God)

3. Bargaining (for instance
"If I am cured of this cancer, I will never smoke again.")

4. Depressed mood, sadness, and crying

5. Acceptance, coming to terms

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Lonely


Lonely
Lonely without her
My soul is crushed
My heart beats slower and slower
 

Wishing, I think, to join her
Her, in her glorified state
With nothing but happiness to surround her
 

Me with an empty spirit
Longing to touch her one more time
To hold her one more time
Rather than sobbing
Over her mortal remains
 

Am I selfish to want to hold her again?
To want to simply touch her?
Forty-two years should count for something
But I know it won’t
God has made it very clear that none may
Cross back over the great divide
 

Yes, I play the happy, carefree fool
But in my heart I cry
Dry eyes fill empty eyes
Please let me see her so that I may
Just once more touch her beautiful face.
Gaze into her deep brown eyes                
 

Memories, both good and bad
Are precious to me now                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               They are all I have left
I must treasure them for as long as I can
For some are beginning to fade

But this I can say with all honesty 

I love you Sherry
I really love you

11/10/12

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment