Grief


Symptoms

One way to describe grief is in five stages. These reactions might not
occur in a particular order, and can (at times) occur together. Not everyone
experiences all of these emotions:

1. Denial, disbelief, numbness

2. Anger, blaming others (God)

3. Bargaining (for instance
"If I am cured of this cancer, I will never smoke again.")

4. Depressed mood, sadness, and crying

5. Acceptance, coming to terms

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Just to Touch Her



Let me touch her hand
Caress her cheek
Taste the nectar of her lips
Would that I could hold her in my arms 

What price would I pay?
What could I give in exchange?
For the joy of pressing her body to mine?
Smelling once again the fragrance of her hair 

She lies now, safe in the arms of our Savior
Feeling no sorrow, shame or pain
These are the feelings I have 

The sorrow at her loss
The shame of how I’ve acted
The pain of the pain I’ve caused
 

Does she share the loss, the shame, the pain?
Have her tears been wiped away?
Does she look at me with sorrow in her eyes?
Knowing she is happy and I am filled with loathing 
Can she forgive or does she just forget?
 

Someday, will I hold her?
Gaze into her beautiful brown eyes?
As her love embraces me?
Or will I see only pity? 

 

10/10/12

No comments:

Post a Comment